<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 03, 2007

TigerHawk Labor Day Weekend Photo Contest! 

[Bumped to top -- new posts below.]

***Keep those entries coming!***


News is slow, and posting will be light today because my Sunday will be given over dropping the TigerHawk Teenager off at boarding school. We will miss him very much, even if he is only 20 miles away.

That said, there is time for the first annual TigerHawk Labor Day Weekend Photo Contest! You, our faithful readers, are invited and indeed encouraged to send me the best digital photographs that you have taken in the past year for publication on this blog on Monday night.

Contest rules (UPDATED with afterthoughts):

1. Send by email to tigerhawkblog@verizon.net.

2. Your submission constitutes your representation that you took the picture and permission for me to upload it on my Flickr page (for hosting) and display it on this blog.

3. Include a suitable caption, genuine or not.

4. Tell me how you want to be credited -- your actual name, your screen name (if you are a regular commenter here, for instance), or "Anonymous."

5. Limit four submissions, unless, I supppose, you have five unbelievably awesome pictures.

6. All subjects are welcome, although if your post is too NSFW I may choose to put it behind a link. Since I am something of a Philistine, artistry and photographic skill, while relevant, will not be the exclusive criteria. Interesting photos have a leg up. If you live in an exotic location or are one of our soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan, absolutely send us your pics.

I will put the "best" photos up on Monday night, and put all submissions (subject to taste, of course) in a separate Flickr folder so people can look at all the entries.

Do not fail me now. If you guys come through, this could be a lot of fun.

2 Comments:

By Blogger Papa Ray, at Sun Sep 02, 06:39:00 PM:

While I read your post with interest and think it is a great idea, my pics are all of my Grandkids and wouldn't be of any general interest.

One other thing...your date on your post is wrong.

Unless you live where it is already Monday.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Sep 02, 09:09:00 PM:

Papa Ray, the easiest way to bump the post to the top for the long weekend is to date it in the future. That way I do not have to re-date the post to keep it at the top every time I add something new.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?