<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The transporting suckiness of summer air travel 


I am sitting in Kansas City airport because my flight to Newark is on a ground hold on account weather in New Jersey. For those of you who do not know, Kansas City is a particularly bad airport in which to pass the endless hours demanded by summer travel because there are literally no services behind security. If you want a beer, box of Junior Mints, or trashy novel -- all of which I have purchased in airports in the past ten days -- you have to come back through security. Since ground holds get lifted at the dropping of a hat, you do not really want to risk getting stuck here over night because you absolutely had to alleviate your boredom. Arrgh.

Fortunately for you, I have an air card and got a seat by a plug in the wall. That explains this afternoon's flow of linkage. You will know that I am aloft -- or that I have resigned myself to cleaning up my email inbox -- when it stops.


1 Comments:

By Blogger Georg Felis, at Fri Aug 15, 12:01:00 AM:

Good thing you had an air card. KCI's free internet s**ks. On the plus side, I didn't have an hour standing in line to get thru TSA like LAX.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?