<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Driven to drink 


A larger proportion of Americans are drinking alcohol today than at any time since 1985. I have several reactions and questions.

  • Awesome! I hate drinking alone.

  • Is it any surprise that Americans, at the margin, need more self-medication
    at the moment?

  • Does this mean that the neo-temperance movement has peaked? I sure hope so.

  • Talk amongst yourselves while I ride my bike to Lambertville, drink beer, and -- Allah forfend -- return.

    3 Comments:

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Aug 01, 10:41:00 AM:

    Be careful!! DWIs are issued even when riding a lawnmower.  

    By Blogger Georg Felis, at Sun Aug 01, 10:52:00 AM:

    Wouldn't the TH Teen be the one to ask on this?  

    By Blogger Noocyte, at Sun Aug 01, 11:42:00 PM:

    Lambertville is a fine place to engage in this thankfully-increasingly-prevalent diversion, 'Hawk, or so say I from my less-than-diverting digs in Yardley. Though, I do quite like the view from "The Landing," in New Hope.

    Cheers!  

    Post a Comment


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?