<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our fourth blogiversary 


Impossible as it may be for me to believe, today is my fourth blogiversary. This was my first post, which wondered whether anybody would read this blog. You do! 5,888 posts on, I figure we have on the order of 6,000 readers who check in weekly or more often without having been sent here by a link, and thousands more who come here when directed by one of the big blogs that really drive traffic. Many bloggers have done so -- Technorati reveals more than 3,000 individual links back here in the last six months alone -- but Glenn Reynolds really put this blog on the map. My first "Instalanche" was on December 5, 2004, and I imagine that in the interceding 36 months there have been well over 100 links from Instapundit. If I had to guess, around 20% of my total traffic has come directly from Instapundit (most recently here), and that does not include derivative traffic from other blogs who found us over there. We are very grateful.


7 Comments:

By Blogger antithaca, at Tue Dec 18, 10:47:00 PM:

Congratulations! And keep going. FYI, I come here daily via Google Reader.

A quick tale similar to your instapundit story...when doing a project at Cornell about blogs...I created a blog "about blogs" and linked to some prominent Microsoft bloggers (Robert Scoble, Dare Obasanjo) who acted in different roles. Scoble was a gate-keeper like Glen is and Dare was much more a "primary source" kinda guy.

Scoble found my blog via Technorati and completelyl blew my mind and flooded my little blog with thousands of readers. I was amazed and grateful...it was quite an experience.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Dec 19, 05:00:00 AM:

Good on you, TH. Keep rockin' in the free world.  

By Blogger Angevin13, at Wed Dec 19, 08:11:00 AM:

Congratulations - keep up the great work. As I've said, you're the best.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Dec 19, 09:49:00 AM:

Congrats.

I stop here most every weekday via bookmark. If i recall correctly, I found my way here via a link from the Belmont Club. At the time I was casting around to find replacement for USS Clueless in my daily reading.

RPD  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Dec 21, 01:29:00 AM:

You are filling a very very small niche, which is being a blog that can both be linked to by Instapundit and not completely piss me off. This is one of the places I come to feel uncomfortable about (for example) opposing the surge, because you manage to write a pro-war stance in a non-partisan, non-"macho", real-live-person kind of way. Keep it real.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Dec 21, 12:22:00 PM:

FWIW, I found you via Taranto's column. A quick archive search reveals he's linked to you seven times, although not for over a year now.

Poor James, though. He just can't quite make up his mind whether bloggers -- and their handles -- are real or not. In half the articles, he refers to you as "TigerHawk", in quotes, and the others not. Kinda funny, actually.

"My first 'Instalanche' was on December 5, 2004"

I got my first the other day, did you see? Got a quote and a link. The funny thing is, while I sent him the link for consideration, I was really surprised that he quoted my email about the backup power supplies. Good thing I used a spell-checker. :/

I have no idea what it did to my site traffic, though, simply because I don't care.

Freedom finds many forms. :)  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Fri Dec 21, 12:26:00 PM:

I did see the link, Dr. Merc. As for the traffic, it is but one measure of audience. As Harry Morant said, we poets crave immortality.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?