<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 03, 2006

My whereabouts and some pictures 


Saturday morning, having returned from China late Friday night, I hopped in the car and raced up to Tupper Lake, New York for the first couple of days of the grand opening of The Wild Center, the Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks. The public grand opening ceremony is actually tomorrow, and will include such luminaries as George Pataki and Hillary Clinton, but I have been out of the office for almost three weeks and decided that I would prefer to spend my 4th getting organized than snarled in traffic on the lower New York State thruway. So I'm driving down today, blogging at the moment from the Starbucks on Route 254, Queensbury, New York, just off the Adirondack Northway exit 19. Nursing a mocha Frappucino.

The Wild Center is spectacular, and deserves a visit if you find yourself in the Adirondacks with a little extra time. I predict it will be recognized as the natural history counterpart to the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake, the best place to learn about the human history of the region. Get up there if you can.

Jet lag got me up early, and I snapped a couple of pictures at around dawn this morning (click to make larger).

Looking south to Mount Morris just before dawn:



An Adirondack meadow, at sunrise:



2 Comments:

By Blogger Rightwing Guy, at Mon Jul 03, 03:52:00 PM:

Nice page I shall return  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Mon Jul 03, 06:12:00 PM:

sirius_sir -- Do you live in the Northeast? You don't meet that many blog readers who know about Tupper Lake.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?