<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Uh oh, Tigerhawk's favorite show is under attack! 

Counter Trey goes after Boston Legal:

All of this is amusing, but is the left so bereft of comedic ideas that it can only resort to making fun of conservatives and the institutions that conservatives think important? Couldn’t the Alzheimer’s patient have been a liberal? Couldn’t the panty-sniffer have been a Democrat politician (or is reality stranger than fiction in this instance)? Those portrayals would be “different” and “cutting edge,” which Hollywood usually values.

It is easy to ignore liberal sermons when you so often expect them from the networks, so I have been able to ignore Boston Liberal’s proselytizing on everything from gun control, judicial nominees, and homosexual lifestyles. Also, it seems to me that the proselytizing has gotten worse since Candace Bergen joined the cast. I just hope they provide a little more balance before I lose interest.

6 Comments:

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Wed Oct 19, 04:11:00 PM:

My new favorite show is "House."

Apparently unlike Counter Trey, I decided long ago that I had to be able to find entertainment even in left-wing propaganda. Which is why I can love the stand-up comedy of Bill Hicks (R.I.P.) and the comedic drama of "Boston Legal."  

By Blogger Catchy Pseudonym, at Wed Oct 19, 05:25:00 PM:

Tigerhawk likes Bill Hicks... Who da thunk it. I'm impressed. I wish Bill was still around. I'd love to hear his take on the state of things. I know it wouldn't be pretty but godawfully funny.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Wed Oct 19, 05:47:00 PM:

Hicks was a genius. I trust, Catchy, you have read American Scream?  

By Blogger Catchy Pseudonym, at Thu Oct 20, 08:49:00 AM:

Didn't know there was a book. I guess I have some good reading ahead. I've got hours of his stand-up on my computer. I work in a pretty conservative place, so when I listen to Bill Hicks at work I find myself periodically taking off my headphones to make double sure no one can hear. I think if I played him out loud, people around me would have seizures and call for a priest.  

By Blogger Counter Trey, at Thu Oct 20, 11:00:00 AM:

Just for the record, I loved Boston Legal last year and there are some good moments with Bergen, especially the look on Shatner's face when she whispers "Denny Crane" in his ear. But, I think the show was more balanced in its politics last year.

As I said in my post, I have learned, like TH, to ignore a lot, but I thought that episode was over-the-top.  

By Blogger Sluggo, at Thu Oct 20, 01:12:00 PM:

Law & Order may have jumped the shark a few years ago, but this year they've definitely jumped the Chappaquidick. Somebody said any institution not specifically and organizationally conservative will eventually drift left. I used to like their fairness, but the episode last week was a cartoon of the Schaivo case. I'm done with them.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?