<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Subway hero 

I think tales like this are always worth circulating widely for a number of reasons, but particularly in the hopes they might inspire someone who happens to be present when I need a helping hand.

Mr. Lindsey said he sensed a train was approaching, because the platform was crowded. “I dropped my bag and jumped down there. I tried to wake him up,” he said. “He probably had a massive concussion at that point. I jumped down there and he just wouldn’t wake up, and he was bleeding all over the place.”

He looked back up at the people on the platform. “I yelled, ‘Contact the station agent and call the police!’ which I think is hilarious because I don’t think I ever said ‘station agent’ before in my life. What am I, on ‘24’?”
Read da 'ole ting.

2 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Mar 18, 03:36:00 PM:

There are stories like that every day in the great country of ours but too seldom the MSM seems to be busy with other things to get the word out about our heroes.

A decade ago I was driving home on the freeway with my family in the station wagon. Suddenly a motorcycle zoomed out the darkness and the rider was wildly gesturing at the bottom of our vehicle. A packing blanket was stuck on the frame and had caught fire. We stopped at the gore point of the first exit and got everyone out of the wagon. Within minutes the fire department appeared, and the good Samaritan motorcycle rider was gone into the night.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Mar 18, 10:19:00 PM:

TH...I think you'll like this inspiring story too. Be sure to watch the video at the end. A story of a great father!

The story is at:
www.positiveeconomicnews.com

I love stories like the one you posted. Thanks.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?