<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

News you can use: Disco can save your life! 


This bit of news puts the Bee Gees in an entirely new light:

When it comes to performing CPR, the trick may be in channelling your inner Bee Gee.

A new study shows that matching the tempo of the Bee Gees' 1977 disco classic "Stayin' Alive" helps people performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation to reach 100 chest compressions per minute, the mark recommended by both the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and the American Heart Association.

Of course, listening to that music would sap one's will to live, which might well countervail the benefit of more perfectly timed CPR.

5 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Oct 21, 05:06:00 AM:

I don't listen to it often, but in my opinion, the SNF album is awesome stuff. Really happy music to me, no sapping experienced.

I still see Travolta pimp rolling with that can of Carnival paint everytime I hear it.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Tue Oct 21, 05:35:00 AM:

Actually, I liked it in its day, too.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Oct 21, 06:58:00 AM:

It has its time and place ... like listening to the Ramones ... don't want it for dinner music, but when you have to kick it up hauling the freight on the treadmill (AKA, my 210lb 47 year old self), Beat on the Brat, She's the One, I Wanna be Sedated, etc. really work.

The Beegees don't make me want to get out a Conair Dryer, or Quiana shirt or platform shoes, and I don't wilfully fire it up so often, but, well you know...  

By Blogger smitty1e, at Tue Oct 21, 07:11:00 AM:

It you've seen the movie "Swingers", the bar scene about halfway through may cast some doubt upon this entire story. ;)  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Oct 23, 10:33:00 AM:

I thought DISCO WAS DEAD but maybe its a good idea cure all those over weight fat collage brats  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?