<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Travels 


We are off to Rice Lake, Wisconsin in an hour or so, via something called "Compass Airlines," which proposes to convey us to Minneapolis. Tomorrow there is a reunion of my father-in-law's family, a gathering of Norwegian-Americans in the little park across from the "narrows." If you happen to know your way around Rice Lake.

Monday we limber up and drive through Minnesota to Iowa City, where I grew up. My family has never been there (my parents having left in 1983), and my son is interested in a couple of colleges in the area (including the University of Iowa and Cornell College in nearby Mount Vernon). We fly home from Cedar Rapids on Wednesday.

I am looking forward to it. My family is almost entirely from the east coast, but having grown up in Iowa City and having lived in Ann Arbor and Chicago for around 11 years in the aggregate, I always enjoy returning to the midwest. I find it very relaxing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?