<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 01, 2008

Darkness at noon 


This was one of the many blogs that one of Blogger's "bots" tagged as "spam" yesterday; although I responded last night around 9 p.m. last night -- within a couple of hours to the notification email -- this blog was unlocked only in the last hour or so. By way of explaining our absence, is all...

Now there seems to be a systematic problem reading blogs with the Sitemeter code via Explorer 7, so I've removed that code from my template until that problem goes away. I'm here, but I won't know that you're here.

Sigh.

MORE: Because I want to know who is out there, I have added the free "Extreme Tracker," which I have been meaning to do for some time. I'll put the Sitemeter code back when and if it fixes its IE7 problem unless prudence suggests otherwise. Sitemeter is going to lose a lot of market share with this glitch, I think.

Note, by the way, that July 2008 was a record month for this blog, with more than 122,000 individual visits calculated the Sitemeter way. Sadly, I can't show you the page!


5 Comments:

By Blogger D.E. Cloutier, at Fri Aug 01, 11:18:00 PM:

Thanks for the info. I experienced the Sitemeter problem on my blog, too.  

By Blogger Miss Ladybug, at Fri Aug 01, 11:27:00 PM:

I use both IE7 and Firefox. The IE7/Sitemeter problem explains why Sitemeter itself wouldn't load earlier on IE7, and why I have a piddly number of visits recorded for today, I suppose (when viewed on Firefox)...  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Aug 01, 11:46:00 PM:

Hot Air, Just One Minute, Michelle Malkin, Ace

I've had problems with all of these sites but don't know how to contact them.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Aug 02, 12:00:00 AM:

Sitemeter's gone from my blog, never to return. I just don't need the aggravation.  

By Blogger Dan Kauffman, at Sat Aug 02, 05:56:00 AM:

I have both sitemeter and extreme tracker.

One facet of extreme tracker you will like is it keeps a record of EVERY nation that you get a hit from.

It's kinda cool that my little blog has gotten hits from about 130different countries. ;-)  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?