<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 29, 2008

TGIF 

On Fridays when I'm in a procrastinating mood I pop over to Rachel Lucas's blog, where I know no punches will be pulled, no words will be minced. (If you don't like vulgar language you won't like Rachel's writing, and you'd better stop reading now.)

She recently began a new category of rant she entitles "Cats and other assholes" and I find them quite enjoyable. In this episode, she takes on squirrels.

When I was a young child, before I knew they were assholes, I thought squirrels were cute. Then one summer day, as I played innocently in the back yard with my best friend Jenny when we were about 9 years old, we became aware of a hostile chirping sound above and behind us. Jenny quickly located the source and cried out, “Ooo! It’s a cute little squirrel! Let’s catch him and raise him as our own!”

Thinking that was the best idea I’d heard in a long time, I agreed and together we crept towards Mr. Squirrel. He was on a tree branch about five feet from the ground. We’d seen Bambi. We knew woodland creatures were kindhearted and loving; you just had to gain their trust.
You can click over if you want to find out what happened next. Suffice it to say, it did not leave Rachel with a love of squirrels.

I never killed one but there is only one reason for that and it’s that I wasn’t strong enough to pump the pellet gun enough times for killing velocity after factoring in the distance from my window to the target. All I could get was about five pumps in that thing, only enough to stun the little fuckers.

This reminds me of one of my first posts on this blog, way back in August 2004. What goes around comes around I guess.

Alright, back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?