<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Samizdat 


We got a bit tired of running the gaunlet of "Obama" yard signs to get to our house, so I bought four McCain signs last week and put them up in my yard this morning.


Samizdat

We have a lot shaped like a slice of pie, with outwardly curving frontage. The signs are positioned at intervals as the road bends, so passersby are never out of sight of one of the signs. I kill me.

In Princeton this might be an act of social courage. I have not seen a single McCain sign in this town, where there is no shortage of Obamamania, and several drivers did double-takes as they passed the property today. That said, my son just reported that a "lady" pulled into our driveway because she "just wanted to say how great it was to see a McCain sign in Princeton."

Tweak your own neighbors, and give succor to the secret conservatives in your midst. Buy a sign for yourself here. They are only $7.


7 Comments:

By Blogger JPMcT, at Sat Aug 09, 07:06:00 PM:

I bought 2.

BTW, Dude...Mow your lawn!  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Aug 09, 07:48:00 PM:

Love the stone on your house.

My guess is that your neighbors are too civilized to trash the signs. Or too paralyzed with shock to do anything. You mean that there are people in my neighborhood who are not good-thinkers?  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sat Aug 09, 08:18:00 PM:

That green stuff actually isn't lawn. It is worse than that -- mulch with grass growing through it. We need to toss on some more mulch, but we are waiting because we are going to do some landscaping there.  

By Blogger Anthony, at Sat Aug 09, 09:05:00 PM:

I live in the liberal la-la-land of Los Angeles. Sticking a McCain sign on my lawn (if I had a lawn) would probably get me tried for heresy.

Or worse, banned from my local Pete's Coffee.

A bumpersticker on the car may be coming, however, just to tweak all the Obamatons who crowd their bumpers with various sanctimonious Lefty stickers. :)  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Aug 09, 11:40:00 PM:

I've seen plenty of leftists who aren't too civilized to refrain from destroying or defacing Republican signs.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Aug 10, 12:05:00 PM:

I'll pass on the McCain signs. My house sits up in the trees where no one can see it. If I put a sign down by the road, there are probably 5 people a day that would drive by and see it, and they are all likely voting for McCain anyway. That's life in a sparsely populated area.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 08, 08:56:00 PM:

lapel pins manufacturer
lapel pins
MP3 Players
custom lapel pins, badge pins
lapel pins
Silk flower
Metal Badges
Bottle Openers
Wine-Bottle Openers
Zinc Alloy Bottle Openers
Aluminum Bottle Openers
Stainless Bottle Openers
Dog tags
Medals
key chains
trading pin
Flag Lapel Pins
Flag Lapel Pins
Printing Pins
Printing Badges
Die Struck Pins
Police Badge
Military Badge
School Badge
Buckles
Coin
MP3-MP4
MP4 Player Wholesale
USB Flash Driver
Digital Photo Frame
Memory Card
Pen USB Flash Driver
Silk flower
Silk flower
MP3-MP4
MP3 Player Wholesale
MP4 Player Wholesale
USB Flash Driver
trading pin
Better Finish Lapel Pin
Printing Badges
电脑外设
电脑周边
鼠标
摄像头
U盘
键鼠套装
键盘
音箱
耳机
读卡器
MP3/MP4
鼠标垫  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?