<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 23, 2008

A great American is dead 


His politics notwithstanding, George Carlin was a great American. I am much aggrieved by his death, many years before I, at least, was ready for him to go. Here is a list of Carlin's comedy albums. Were you to select a couple of them, I recommend you start with "Class Clown," the mostly clean album that turned him into a superstar, and "You Are All Diseased," the 1999 album with the eerily prescient segment mocking airport security.

I am sorry there will be no more Carlin to enjoy.

MORE: Ann Althouse has a wonderful round-up post, complete with video, which I will watch once I am done with my meetings for the day.


2 Comments:

By Blogger Georg Felis, at Mon Jun 23, 09:35:00 AM:

In the Immortal Words of Bill and Ted. "Bummer" :(

Be excellent to each other.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jun 23, 06:05:00 PM:

What you say about Carlin is true, but it should be noted he had a genuine mean streak. The term "evil genius" would be a good description.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?