<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 22, 2008

My whereabouts 


So, I'm in a hotel room in suburban Dublin, Ireland, miles from anything of interest, cold wind and rain blowing outside, doing Illinois Continuing Legal Education classes online.

Just thought you would want to know.

MORE: In a graphic illustration of the extent to which my quality of life has declined, at least on a day-over-day basis, two years ago today we were on a bike ride through the mountains around Guilin, China:


Me, TigerHawk, June 2006


A couple of scenic shots from that ride:


Bike ride


Farming


A monument to the revered ancestors:


Monuments to ancestors, Guilin


Guilin


7 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Jun 22, 11:35:00 AM:

Ireland!
One day I will take the family there for a vacation. Everyone I know who has visited the Emerald Isle raved about the trip.
Oh well, I would suspect that being stuck in a hotel in Ireland beats a lot of other locales.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Jun 22, 11:40:00 AM:

In this case, not really. I will be at this hotel, do something like 14 hours of meetings tomorrow, and then leave early Tuesday for London.

On the other hand, I will have some free time in London if everything breaks my way.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Jun 22, 12:45:00 PM:

London!
Studying history is one of my hobbies but I am glad in a way that I am not English. Just the history of London would take a semester to cover with any depth at all. Enjoy the rest of your trip.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Jun 22, 04:31:00 PM:

TH, you are no miles from anything of interest; you are within a short walk of fresh drawn pint of Guinness you fool. GO! Find IT! Life is GOOD!
JackHawk83  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Jun 22, 04:43:00 PM:

JackHawk83, I did, indeed, quaff two "paints" of the Black Gold before and during dinner these evening, and did not even need your advice to do it! But good point.  

By Blogger Assistant Village Idiot, at Sun Jun 22, 10:13:00 PM:

A climb up Bray Head would've been worth it. The world's most elegant McDonald's is in Bray as well.

In London, take in the Reduced Shakespeare Company unless they are doing the History of America sendup. Get your same-day tickets for half-price at Leicester Square  

By Blogger Padre Steve, at Tue Jun 24, 12:57:00 PM:

These are beautiful pictures!  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?