<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 15, 2005

Reviews 

I'm working on staff reviews at work, a tedious task that always reminds me of a prep school gag which went something like this:

Housemaster: Joe, I'm working on your interim report to your parents, but I can't finish it until I figure out one thing.

Joe: What's that?

Housemaster: Is "shit-head" hyphenated?


This always got a lot of laughs in the common room. In my last job I worked with all men, and I had no problem relaying this anecdote to my subordinates without fear of reprisal or ill humor. Now all my reports are women, and I fear a different result, so I'll keep my mouth shut at work and share it with TH readers instead.

1 Comments:

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Thu Aug 18, 06:42:00 AM:

Fortunately, none of the Cotillion are going to sue each other, or their employers, for creating a "hostile environment." Male executives no longer have that assurance, so if they have a clue in the world they walk on eggshells at the office.

Although I will say the "f" word in the abstract at work, but I've always been unwise in that regard.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?