<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 15, 2005

WarTrash 

Fred Lapides, creator of the most interesting linker-blog nobody admits to reading every day, has launched a new blog called WarTrash. Here's his description of his purpose:
The site is called WarTrash. This site will be filled at least 5 days per week with all sorts of items dealing with world-wide Terrorism. My reason: I believe we are now All Israelis--that is, we are beginning to live in a globalized world in which terror may hit any of us in any of our cities--witness 7/7 in London.

I do not plan to take a position, ie, poverty breeds terrorism; Islam creates jihadists; American policy bring terror retaliation--we simply have many theories and no convincing Cause>>Effect explanation that is satisfactory. That being so, I plan to post pieces with little or no regard to a particular position other than that Terrorism is murder, the random killing of innocent non-miliary people--it is not insurgency. It is not militancy. It is terrorism. I am sure that some readers will feel that they can explain the root causes or suggest what might be done to stem or stop terrorism. My plan is to make as many perspectives as possible available. I have thus far found no such site for the general reader, and so I hope to fill this need.

Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?