Wednesday, September 23, 2009

News you can use 

A favorite tax geek turned me on to this site, MissingMoney.com, which allows you to do a nationwide search for unclaimed property in your name. Indeed, I was listed as having had some, so I am submitting an application and will see what comes of it. Probably some old check I forgot cash -- paperwork is not my strong suit, choice of profession notwithstanding.


By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Sep 23, 03:43:00 PM:

I had $5.71 in the state of Kansas, where I lived 10 years ago. I think I'll leave it as my charitable donation to the state.  

By Blogger JPMcT, at Wed Sep 23, 04:30:00 PM:

Nothing for me...of course my wife is a geneaologist and has almost 55,000 people in our family database...NONE OF WHOM owe us money. Sheesh!!  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?