<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 01, 2008

My excuse 


Not dodging the day's latest controversy, simply busy. After my early post lashing Thermador, I departed on a day of equine activities with Mrs. TH and the Daughter. We got home moments before some friends of uncertain political persuasion were due to arrive for grilled meats. Not only did I have no time to blog, I had no time to read beyond the emailed news flowing in over my Blackberry. I'll dig around a bit and see if I can gin up some opinions.

UPDATE: A commenter notes that Barack Obama argued that his campaign organization was larger than the city government of Wasilla, Alaska by orders of magnitude, and that was evidence of his superior executive experience. I saw the clip on "Larry King Live," and it struck me as politically a poor argument for a number of reasons. First, Barack Obama should not personally defend himself on this subject. Makes him look small. Second, Sarah Palin is now the governor of Alaska, and that is a much larger organization than the Obama campaign.

Props to Obama on one thing, though: I saw his statement denouncing the use of the story about Palin's daughter and rumors related thereto, and I thought it was both eloquent and forceful.


3 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Sep 01, 09:01:00 PM:

Big Note:

Obama just compared his ability to run a campaign to Palin's experience as mayor of Wasili.....he shouldn't get a pass on that.  

By Blogger Georg Felis, at Mon Sep 01, 10:09:00 PM:

Obama's denouncement of how the press treats the private lives of all presidential candidates is almost always followed in the same story by one of the exact pairs of Palin Pregnancy stories he supposedly is denouncing.

You see, this set of stories is just too darned good for them *not* to run. But of course there is no bias here...  

By Blogger Andrew X, at Tue Sep 02, 03:56:00 PM:

Somewhere else in the b'sphere (The Corner?) it was cogently noted that the fifty odd employees of the city of Wasilla were all about serving their fellow citizens of Wasilla, while the 2,500 or so employees of the Obama campaign are entirely about serving the Great Barack Obama.

A point worth making, I thought.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?