<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Random Thoughts 

1. Today I interviewed an investment banker for a job with my (buy side) firm. In describing the higher interest rate paid on auction rate jobs when the auction fails, he used the phrase "penile rate". I had to admit, some of the rates do indeed..er...'dick' the borrower.

2. More seriously, I remember a comment thread on this blog somewhere where there was a long discussion about the political power of rich people (as a justification for taxing the crap out of them, as I recall). Arnold Kling asks, in this article, what about the spending power of politicians?

Juxtapose those two thoughts with the inference in this comment thread on the political power of minor government official John Yoo.

Clearly there is some room in the leftosphere for the idea that government officials have too much power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?