<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 06, 2007

A question about cause and effect 


As previously reported, the blog survey I asked you to take a while back revealed that 89% of my readers -- or at least of the people who responded to the survey -- were male. Naturally that makes me wonder: is my readership overwhelming male because I link to stuff like Theo Sparks' "Super mega July 4th totty dump", or do I link to that sort of thing because my readers are 89% male?

I'm just trying to understand my own complex motives.

Happy Friday. I'll be driving down from the Adirondacks today, so blogging will be catch as catch can.


1 Comments:

By Blogger Cassandra, at Sat Jul 07, 06:19:00 AM:

Well, though you didn't really want a serious answer, I will attempt a semi-serious one anyway.

You link to that 'sort of thing' because YOU are male and you are comfortable doing so because the vast majority of your readers are also male and positively reinforce such linkage.

I'd wager that if you had a sizeable female readership and they objected, you'd do so less frequently.

Also, FWIW, I did not fill out your questionnaire. You might want to consider the possibility that women are less likely to bother filling out such things (and to comment). In short, we're not men. So it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to extrapolate from male behavior.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?