<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The White House 

From the Hay-Adams Hotel:

(Click to enlarge)


No, I'm not staying at the Hay-Adams, which is way too cool and expensive for me. I'm at something called the Georgetown Suites at roughly 30th and M. But last night I had a drink -- ok, more than a drink -- at the "Off The Record" bar in the Hay-Adams, which has a sign that says "the place to be seen but not heard." As should be obvious to regular readers, I much prefer to be heard but not seen.


3 Comments:

By Blogger Cassandra, at Tue Sep 26, 02:50:00 PM:

What am I going to do with you? :)

You need to stay, at least for one night, at The Willard. Everyone should stay at the Willard when in DC. It's worth it.

It's a little piece of DC history. And they treat you like a king (or in my case, a princess, which is only my due).  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Sep 26, 11:43:00 PM:

"Seen and not heard"? That takes out most NY TIMES/ WASH POST reporters. How about "cutting the cheese" after your drinks at that place and yell out "smells it dealt it!" Just to protect national intell of course:o  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Sep 28, 10:31:00 PM:

I wonder whos statue that is there he is on a horse  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?