<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 now available to order! 


For those few of you who might have supposed that I am a mere corporate tool with a keen interest in foreign affairs, know this: Battlestar Galactica is the best show on television. On this I will brook no argument.

The last season ended in an astonishing cliffhanger, and the next season begins in October. Those of you who have only recently become hip to BSG's transcending awesomeness are probably on pins and needles waiting for the release of the second season's last ten episodes on DVD. I am thrilled to tell you that it is now available through Amazon for delivery on September 19, just in time to catch up for the new season. Order yours before they run out.

Of course, if you want to jump in -- it's not too late -- rent or buy the pilot miniseries, season one and the first half of season two. That will prepare you for the third season, which is going to be a doozy.

We now return to regular blogging.


9 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Aug 17, 10:08:00 PM:

That show totally rocks!  

By Blogger Dylan, at Thu Aug 17, 10:48:00 PM:

Battlestar Galactica is the best show on television.

I once believed this, but then I watched the first season of Veronica Mars.  

By Blogger MrSurly, at Fri Aug 18, 01:00:00 AM:

I WANT NEW EPISODES FRAKKING NOW!  

By Blogger Diane Wilson, at Fri Aug 18, 08:25:00 AM:

For those who can't wait for the season 2.5 DVDs, those episodes are also available on iTunes. You can watch BSG on your iPod, which is definitely a science fiction experience.

However, BSG is the best show on television only because Buffy the Vampire Slayer is no longer in production. For those who have never been able to get past the name, or who expect it to be a teen show, it's time to get over it. Buffy, and its spinoff series Angel, deal with the same kind of moral complexities, and struggles against overwhelming odds, that BSG does. Like BSG, Buffy deals with integrity and consequences, also played out on an epic scale. Like the crew of Galactica, the gang on Buffy becomes family, and learns what it means to stick together through the best and worst of times. Buffy is television at its best.

Veronica Mars, as much as I like it, is a pale substitute.  

By Blogger BCM, at Fri Aug 18, 02:11:00 PM:

Thank you for not blabbing about what happens in the second half of 2nd season. I am waiting for the discs with bated breath.

Damm them for splitting the season into two box sets though. Greedy twits!  

By Blogger Catchy Pseudonym, at Fri Aug 18, 02:24:00 PM:

I too indulge my nerdiness with Battlestar Galactica. I got hooked after the initial mini-series. I've downloaded them from itunes since I don't have cable. I'd recommend buying the dvd since you can't move itune videos off your computer and the quality is low so the downloads don't take forever. I remember my wife asking me what I'm watching on my computer and I told her Battlestar Galactica and she shook her head and said "oh honey!" in an "Oh my god I married a nerd!" way. I figure she's stuck with me, so why worry.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Fri Aug 18, 03:01:00 PM:

Mrs. Pseudonym needs to get with the program -- literally -- as Mrs. TigerHawk already has. In our house BSG is must-see TV for the whole family.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Aug 19, 10:59:00 AM:

Thanks, Tigerhawk, for the info that Season 2.5 was available. I just ordered it from Amazon. I appreciate the update.
From an also former Iowan, now in Oregon.
rbs007  

By Blogger Consul-At-Arms, at Sat Aug 19, 09:13:00 PM:

Madam-At-Arms has also been assimiltated (if I may mix series-jargon) into the BSG-watching collective.

It's all my fault.

I used to watch the original series with Lorne Greene, and started watching the new one when I got back from Iraq, initially out of pure curiousity as to what they'd do differently.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?