<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 12, 2006

And a Happy Father's Day To You Too 


The Sunday New York Times Magazine had an interesting mini-interview with George Soros which had two delightful snippets, one tough on Americans, the other tough on his sons.

First, this:

Are you saying you think it is futile to inject your own money into the midterm elections this year?

I feel it's very important for Democrats to win control of the House, and I am supporting efforts to do that. I am really concerned about America. In a way, we have the wrong leadership. But we also have the wrong followership. People don't care about the truth. (emphasis added)

At least not his truth, I guess.

Then, this:

Aren't your two oldest sons running the hedge fund you founded, Soros Fund Management?

Yes. I have given it to my kids. I still would like them to make money. So I am helping.

Do they listen to your advice?

No.

How are they doing?

They seem to be doing all right. But it is not something that I actually wanted them to do. I think that running a hedge fund requires a certain talent. (emphasis added)


Ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?