<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Tigerhawk, Cassandra and Religion 

My partner (Correction: Cassandra, not TH) has just posted something with which I strongly agree, but to which I can add little value. However, I came across a couple of things in support of the optimistic notion that not only will we not quash religion in America, the MSM will actually change its general secular bias in favor of it. I offer three examples as to why: 1) the recent film, The Passion of the Christ; 2) The current film, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe; and 3) a Charlie Brown Christmas.

The MSM, always a little slow, is beginning to wake up to the broad appeal of religion and what this may imply for their currently sagging fortunes. Narnia's likely explosive box office performance may blow the lid off...

And by the way, I watch Charlie Brown every year (now with my kids) and will til the last. Thank you Charles Schultz.

UPDATE: My apologies to Cassandra for erroneously crediting TH for this rather extraordinary work.

2 Comments:

By Blogger Cassandra, at Wed Dec 07, 03:54:00 PM:

How funny. One of my most cherished childhood memories is of waking up and gazing through the branches of our Christmas tree to see the parchment nestled near the very top, where my mother had lovingly lettered these words:

Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

I remember it still.

This Christmas will be very special. My youngest son is bringing his girlfriend of 5 years and (I hope) soon his wife home. Her family is Jewish, and she is a wonderful young woman of whom I am already extraordinarily fond. They are spending the night and will wake up with us on Christmas morning.

So this year will be a special Christmas for this already weird and untraditional little family. I can't wait :)  

By Blogger Cassandra, at Wed Dec 07, 09:34:00 PM:

What are you apologizing for?

Actually, I can't imagine a nicer compliment than to be mistaken for TH, even momentarily, or to be included in such a fine company of bloggers, even if only for 10 days :)

And sorry - I only noticed the update just now - too much overtime lately.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?