<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 22, 2005

In The News... 

In an attempt to rival the kind of pithy, hard-hitting foreign policy analysis provided by TigerHawk yesterday, I have decided to share what I have been reading this morning. I just hope it won't be too much of a snoozefest for those of you who are used to lighter fare.

I found this treatise on the second-order effects of interpersonal interactions in a digital environment to be both enlightening and informative. Killer quote:

"Mom called herself Sweet Juliette and I called myself The Prince of Pleasure, and unfortunately, neither one of us had any idea who the other was," said flabbergasted Daniel.

Indeed...

And this piece clearly details the harmful effects of cutting funding for art education in our public schools. Shameful - some people have no appreciation for the finer things in life.

I knew I shouldn't have eaten that ice cream just before I went to sleep last night... always gives me nightmares:

THE Soviet dictator Josef Stalin ordered the creation of Planet of the Apes-style warriors by crossing humans with apes, according to recently uncovered secret documents.

Moscow archives show that in the mid-1920s Russia's top animal breeding scientist, Ilya Ivanov, was ordered to turn his skills from horse and animal work [I'm going to leave this one alone for now...] to the quest for a super-warrior.

h/t KJ.

Some things are just wrong.

Speaking of wrong...

"Parents have branded a head teacher Scrooge after she banned them from filming their own children. Barbara Williams has banned camcorders and cameras from Christmas concerts at Blaenllynfi Infants' School in Caerau....

Chairman of governors at Blaenllynfi, Rev Keith Andrews, said Mrs Williams had told him it was local authority policy. 'I support the policy because of child protection issues,' he said. 'If anybody gets photographs of children, they can be published anywhere.'

And finally, if you think the current NSA idiocy is annoying, take a walk back through history to the Rice Confirmation Hearings.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?