<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Open Source Media and me 

I have been so busy I have not been able to write directly about Open Source Media and its launch event in New York on Wednesday. I will correct that over the weekend. In the meantime, for those of you who want to see what bloggers look like, or at least what some bloggers look like, Atlas has a big pile of pictures up, including a good one of your's truly and Austin Bay (who had very nice things to say about my father, but that's another story entirely).

4 Comments:

By Blogger Gordon Smith, at Fri Nov 18, 08:21:00 AM:

Despite the kvetching from some lefties in the blogosphere about OSM, it's clear that the group has made a fairly good sized media splash. I perused the list of OSM blogs, saw yours tucked nicely into it, and OSM's stock rose in my mind.

Those who are complaining / downing the nascent OSM sound too much like Limbaugh talking about AirAmerica. Complaining about competing...

Good Luck with your new venture!!!  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Fri Nov 18, 11:12:00 AM:

Screwy, lefty blogs are very welcome at OSM. There has never been any intention of making it ideological, even if the founders are themselves perceived as conservatives (although neither Roger L. Simon nor Charles Johnson are at all conservative on social issues, being supporters of gay marriage, civil rights, and all the other things that irritate the Republican right). If you're interested in participating, my suggestion is that you contact OSM.  

By Blogger Gordon Smith, at Fri Nov 18, 01:35:00 PM:

Thanks, Hawk. I emailed the editors and dropped your name.  

By Blogger Cassandra, at Sun Nov 20, 01:46:00 PM:

Screwy, though I almost never agree with you, I hope you do end up participating. I wish there were more debate between the right and left sides of the blogosphere. It can't help but be a good thing.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?