<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Blogjam 

TigerHawk is making progress with the recovery from the fluish thingy that hit me Thursday -- the fever is gone, the vicious hacking cough has subsided. Now I just feel lethargic, but not so lethargic that I can't sop up the river of snot running from my nose. So I'm not sure I have much in me this fine Saturday morning other than a blogjam. While I watch Stripes.

Captain Ed surveys major network coverage of the Eason Jordan resignation and finds it lacking. Arthur Chrenkoff catalogs the various NGOs that have made the same accusation. Glenn Reynolds links to everybody who ever said anything about Jordan. Virtually every other righty blogger has something to say on the topic this morning.

Candidly, I was never as "in" to the Eason Jordan thing as most of my fellow righties. It is boring, frankly, to skewer liberal elite types for off-hand remarks that reveal what they really think. We know what they really think. The internationalist elite is suspicious of the military, and in any case regard it as an alien institution with a structure and values that it probably does not understand and will never admire.

Dr. Demarche hammers the United Nations for the abusive practices of its peacekeepers.

Hugh Hewitt has the same crud that plagues TigerHawk.
Too sick to sleep covers my present condition. Nothing really serious --just the virus that half of America has that includes non-stop hacking.


INDC Journal denounces Google-baiting. I agree. I can't imagine doing such a thing.

Murdoc has a bunch of quickies, including a link to this post by Joanne Jacobs. Apparently a Dutch school told a couple of highschoolers to remove the Dutch flag from their backpacks on the ground that they might offend Moroccan classmates. While you're there, check out Dutchreport.

New Sisyphus has the inside skinny on becoming a foreign service officer. If you're a blogger in a deadend job, it could be the move for you.

The Queen of all Evil would vote for Hillary against most Republicans in 2008. No. Really.

Sissy Willis, who was blogging before there was blogging, thinks about natural systems, economics, and the poverty of the leftist canon.

Spear Shaker looks at dogs that chowed down on dinosaurs and the first fossil evidence that larger mammals sometimes hunted the egg-layers.

Michelle considers kids today, and wonders what she should tell hers about her own youthful indiscretions.

Cassandra has the hots for Econopundit. A must-read post for those of you twisting your hanky over the national debt.

Wizbang! observes that Kofi Annan is taking credit for the successful elections in Iraq:
[Annan's] column is so bad, I'd believe that Scott Ott of Scrappleface.com wrote it. He takes credit for Iraq like it was his idea all along. Then he says the UN should lead the way. -- Apparently not realizing the humor in that statement.

Note to Mr. Annan: Quit patting yourself on the back for what the United States has done and get your ass to work. There's plenty enough heavy lifting to be done before you go taking credit for the whole thing. Actions speak louder than words.

Done.

UPDATE: No I'm not done! Professor Bainbridge gets all snarky on Jimmy Carter. That'll get my attention any day of the week.

6 Comments:

By Blogger Jody, at Sat Feb 12, 04:21:00 PM:

mmm...blog jam...yummy. Though I prefer blog jelly...thanks for the great links. :)  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sat Feb 12, 05:51:00 PM:

Cass, I would think that being a mom and all you would be very comfortable with bodily fluids. I know that I never really came to terms with vomit until I had a child who was tremendously prone to the technicolor yawn.;)  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Feb 13, 12:25:00 AM:

the birdbrain's snarky - gives me chills.

speaking of the effeminate, cherubic catholic: how are catholics going to know when the pope's dead, anyway?
hasn't the celibate (wink wink) geezer seemed dead for a decade?  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Feb 13, 11:22:00 AM:

Thanks for the link, Tigerhawk.

I'd ask about the outrage if American students had been asked to remove the US flag for fear of offending someone, but I think that a lot of folks today would already support the move.

Holland is just a few years "ahead" of us.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Feb 13, 11:22:00 AM:

Oops, that previous comment was me.

Murdoc  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Sep 19, 03:15:00 PM:

this is a nice canon camcorder blog  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?