<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

New York City, July 4 

The TigerHawk family went into New York on Sunday with the purpose of visiting past and future Al-Qaeda targets, catching up with old friends, and watching some fireworks. In the first category, we decided on a whim to join the Great Unwashed and drop $80 on a trip to the top of the Empire State Building. It was a first for me, even though I had worked on the fourth floor of Empire State in the summer of 1981. My lack of skydeck curiousity is of a pattern, in that I have worked in three buildings, each of which was at one time the tallest in the world (Empire State, Chrysler, and the Sears Tower), and I had never, until Sunday, been to the top of any of them. None of this had to do with fear of altitude -- I have been to the top of the World Trade Center and Big John in Chicago -- but I never saw the percentage in waiting on line to pay to see the top of my own office building.

In any case, once up there I saw what all the fuss was about. The view really is spectacular. However, I'll spare you the millions of photos of Manhattan from that perspective, and just pass along one nifty shot of another former TigerHawk place of work, the Chrysler Building.

 Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?