<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 13, 2010

San Francisco angles 


I walked around San Francisco for a couple of hours this morning, from Market across the city on Powell (with a couple of detours), then back along the Embarcadero to Market. I took some pictures along the way with my point 'n' shoot, the big camera being something of a load on a trip this long.


Bay Bridge


Howl...


Howl


Facade


Art


Alcatraz. (I always take a picture of Alcatraz, but this one is a bit different.)


Alcatraz


Ladder walking...


Street show


There are a lot of very fit women who do not take the grey out...


Grey and hot


GGB


Colors


Pier 39


Stuff that flies...


In flight


Lampposts...


Embarcadero


Next up, LA and the OC.


8 Comments:

By Blogger SR, at Mon Jun 14, 12:00:00 AM:

One of our best days of the year, Well captured.  

By Blogger Gary Rosen, at Mon Jun 14, 01:39:00 AM:

Great pics, TH. I used to hang around North Beach a lot so I like the one of Washington Square with St. Peter and Paul's church in the background.

I lived in SF for 25 years; now I'm a few miles away in Silicon Valley and still make it up to the city once in a while. It still has great views and great restaurants ... the politics, not so much. In an ironic way living there may have hastened my political drift to the right since the lefties there were (and still are, even more) so far off the rails I started to get suspicious ...  

By Blogger rcw, at Mon Jun 14, 05:16:00 AM:

Nice job, TH -- beautiful city, well posted  

By Blogger Don Cox, at Mon Jun 14, 01:19:00 PM:

Excellent shots, especially "In Flight".  

By Blogger Georg Felis, at Mon Jun 14, 03:54:00 PM:

Nice photography. The art being sold in the shot above the Alcatraz pic is most certainly modern painting by my definition: Anything that you have to ask the artist "What is that? You want how much for it!"

The colors certainly are sharp on that camera.  

By Blogger MTF, at Mon Jun 14, 06:57:00 PM:

I just spent five days in the area (most of it in Palo Alto though), having left SFO just this afternoon, and SF and environs were spectacular. San Fran really feels like an urban delight, despite all the homeless. I love the pics, and thanks.  

By Anonymous Blacque Jacques Shellacque, at Mon Jun 14, 08:51:00 PM:

Ladder walking...

By some guy that undoubtedly has no real job. ;)

...especially "In Flight".

It's these guys.  

By Blogger Gary Rosen, at Tue Jun 15, 12:26:00 AM:

That blimp (or a sister ship) was right over my house just yesterday! I live a few blocks from Moffett Field, home of the big old dirigible hangar that can be seen from 101.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?