<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 15, 2011

A walk around Austin 


I finished work a little after 3 this afternoon, so I walked north from the Stephen Austin Intercontinental, where I am staying, to the Texas State Capitol and the University of Texas campus. I took in an exhibit at the Harry Ransom Center -- a good idea if you are in town -- bought some souvenirs at the UT Co-op (pronounced the American way, rather than the Harvard way), and had a 512 IPA at Scholz Garten. A few stray pictures of Austin on a hot July afternoon follow...


Texas State Capitol


Austin from the capitol


The clock tower


Live oaks


More later. Or not.


4 Comments:

By Anonymous Jeff in AZ, at Fri Jul 15, 10:09:00 PM:

Living vicariously thru Tigerhawk. Is there a club?  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jul 15, 10:49:00 PM:

If memory serves, that Austin pavement can be mighty warm in July. Enjoy yourselves!  

By Blogger Andrew Hofer, at Sat Jul 16, 09:47:00 AM:

Oddly enough, I have a scar on my hand from my last run around Austin. A signal box jumped off a street light and wacked the back of my hand.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jul 19, 06:41:00 PM:

No pix of armadillo world headquarters?
does it still exist?
how about the stream on the south side-i forget it's name  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?