<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Lists 


Much as I think they are ridiculous, I am a sucker for annual or "top-X" lists. I must not be alone in this, because the media, which presumably knows its audience, pumps them out like oil from a Texas gusher. And what about list recursion, the list of lists? Herewith, Time Magazine's list of 50 top ten lists. I thought about some commentary (such as lamenting Eliot Spitzer's inclusion among the "top ten comebacks"), but I realized that my command of popular culture is now so poor that I had not even heard of most of the items and people on most of Time's lists.


2 Comments:

By Blogger JPMcT, at Sat Jan 01, 10:42:00 AM:

Feh...

As an active musician, I must admit that I did not recognize ANY of the top ten albums OR the top ten singles. Not sure wheteher that's good or bad.

Obama only places eighth in the apology list?? To GUATEMALA??? Well, I guess he apologized to pretty much everybody in his first three months office. Guatemala had to wait two years until he got around to them.

Campaign ads list is no surprise...mostly Dems of Repubs who lost with a notable exception.

The Green Zone made the top ten movies??? On what planet? It was a complete BOMB outside of the upper east side of Manhattan.

Best list: Under-reported news stories. That had at least a spark of intellectual honesty.

How about the top ten list of Failing Liberal Print Media Outlets???  

By Anonymous Iowa John, at Sat Jan 01, 09:47:00 PM:

You'll like this then: http://www.fimoculous.com/year-review-2010.cfm  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?