<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Sorbet 


Last night at McCrady's, a very nice restaurant in old Charleston (George Washington dined in the place during his "Southern tour" in 1791), a friend ordered "The Sorbet" for dessert. This is what he got:


&quot;The Sorbet&quot;


I had the excellent "trio of lamb," a nice red zin, and a delightful chocolatey thingy as the sweetness at the end. Tasty to be sure, but not nearly so photogenic.

I don't know about you guys, but I had a very nice day. I rode an almost unbelievable bike about 15 miles, then ran a bit more than three miles on the beach at Isle of Palms. Lunch at Melvyn's Bar-B-Q, followed by boating, tubing and beers on the inland waterway. Sadly, I did not use sunscreen. Doh!

Sunburned me


More later, if dinner is as impressive tonight. Or if the spirit otherwise moves me.

Back home tomorrow, where I will see the TH Teenager, he having returned from his month in Vermont. Awesome!


3 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Aug 07, 08:48:00 PM:

Nice to have you down South.

I recommend the Shrimp and Grits.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sat Aug 07, 10:21:00 PM:

Did the shrimp and grits on Thursday night at Red Drum. Loved it!  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Aug 08, 08:12:00 PM:

If you get a chance try 82 Queen.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?