<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chilling-in-Tampa tab dump 


Damn, I'm missing all the snow. I love shoveling snow, and here I sit in chilly Tampa while there is mountains of it back home. What to do? Deliver a blizzard of tabs!

Is the "world's greatest deliberative body" actually the world's most intractable collection action problem?

The "dean of American journalism," for whatever that is worth, says that Sarah Palin has the right stuff, or is the real thing, or something like that. It's almost enough to make you feel sorry for lefty blogger Tbogg (heh). Sarahcuda turned 46 today, by the way, so wish her happy birthday. [BONUS: Yet another example of Sarah Palin driving the left barking moonbat stupid.]

Via Glenn (who chronicles new sexual trends as well as any law professor I know), office romances are groovy. (Did I just date myself?)

I'm not gonna lie, I did not know this about the Danes and the Norwegians.

How regulation is driving business from New Jersey, and what Chris Christie is doing about it.

How President Obama's budget will redistribute $112 billion from the top 1% of taxpayers to, well, everybody else.

On average, the president's budget would redistribute another $101,314 from families in the top-earning 1% to the rest of the income spectrum, for a total redistribution of $509,257 per family. ...

You're welcome.

Two of my favorite public intellectuals are fooling around: "She’s gorgeous, but with a fatwa, it’s tricky to find guys." Agreed on both counts. And is it wrong (1) to wonder whether her mutilated clitoris messes up their sex life, and (2) to think that the Koran tattoo is sort of hot?

Is China finally making good on its threat to stop buying Treasury securities? I hope not.

Ezra Klein's "go-to egg poaching method." I can see the appeal, and am going to give it a try.

Because I care about you: Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Brooklyn Decker explains what it all means. You probably want to watch the interview with the sound off.

Take luck.

6 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Feb 11, 06:08:00 PM:

Interesting stuff today.

The household leverage chart makes one wonder how important that number really is, since government debt to GDP seems like a much better predictor of how much trouble an economy is in than household debt.

While PResident Obama's budget redistributes income from high to low, they'll need it since the natural and unavoidable reaction of the "wealthy" to assaults on their income will be to reduce spending. So much for low skilled jobs.

I just Niall Fergueson on Glenn Beck, talking about the coming apocalypse. His theory seems to be that we're all Greece now, and shortly we're going to be Argentina. Beck seems to think Europe will shortly be in the throws of violent uprisings. Fergueson didn't disagree. No one discussed Hirsa Ali.

Santelli all but came out and claimed the Fed was the mysterious direct buyer in today's auction. If that's true, then we're really in the soup.

I was at home today, so I got to watch a lot of TV!  

By Blogger Jim in Virginia, at Thu Feb 11, 10:04:00 PM:

Tigerhawk, what hotel? I'm at Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay , if you're here I'll buy you a beer (or throw a pie in your face, if you'd prefer.)  

By Blogger Brian, at Fri Feb 12, 12:22:00 AM:

My monthly say-something-nice about a right wing blogger: Matt Yglesias and I agree that Jonah Goldberg is right on in this post -
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTc5NDYzNzQ2MjY0MGY4YTJlYjkyNDQ0NzVkOTVlM2Y=  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Fri Feb 12, 07:39:00 AM:

Jim in Virginia - I'm at the Saddlebrook Resort, which seems like it is a long way from actual Tampa or Ocean, in some place called Wesley Chapel. Thanks for your kind invitation, it would be fun, but I'm pretty committed here for the next two days.  

By Blogger Purple Avenger, at Fri Feb 12, 11:09:00 AM:

Very cold in Palm Beach last night. Tampa must really suck.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sat Feb 13, 11:31:00 AM:

Purple, you're in Palm Beach? I did not know that. I was there Tuesday night, drinking until 2 am with a law school buddy.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?