<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 15, 2010

This land: A flight across the country 

I flew from San Francisco to Newark yesterday, and it was clear across most of the West and much of the East. I took a few pictures from my seat on the starboard -- obviously the southern -- side of the plane. In chronological and geographical order:


Above San Francisco


In the clouds


San Francisco


The Sierras


East of California


High above the west


Over the west


Snow on the high plains


Ice on Ontario


The Delaware River


Newark


3 Comments:

By Blogger swiftone, at Fri Jan 15, 12:22:00 PM:

Love it! Much as I hate sardining into an airplane, I never tire of watching the land forms from the window and seeing some of the sights you document. A flight on a clear day can be a great joy, still.  

By Anonymous sirius_sir, at Fri Jan 15, 05:36:00 PM:

Wow! In my cross-country sojourns (all two of 'em) I've only ever before seen it from ground level.
Again, wow!  

By Blogger Don Cox, at Sat Jan 16, 06:50:00 AM:

Great photos. It is good to see that you are still allowed to take a camera on board.

What is the thing that looks like a mobile phone or music player in the last photo?  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?