Monday, October 05, 2009

One last picture of the Adirondack autumn 

Route 28N, looking east from Newcomb, New York, yesterday afternoon.

Adirondack color


By Anonymous Keating Willcox, at Mon Oct 05, 11:07:00 PM:

nice picture  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Oct 06, 01:57:00 PM:

Reminds me of the trip I took with my brothers. We enjoyed a solid week of such colors and then, because the Adirondacks are approximately a couple weeks ahead of the Southern Tier, returned in time to enjoy the same thing all over again.  

By Blogger SMGalbraith, at Tue Oct 06, 05:26:00 PM:

Having moved here to the Deep South about 6 years ago, I don't miss the ice storms up north but I sure do miss the changing colors.

And snow for Christmas. Yep, I miss that.

If it ever snowed down here they'd have to call out the National Guard.

Just one flake. Chaos.  

By Anonymous tyree, at Tue Oct 06, 11:26:00 PM:

AS I looked at that image the soundtrack from "The Last of the Mohicans" came to mind.


By Anonymous Tom of Rutland, at Wed Oct 07, 02:23:00 PM:

28N is a fun road on a motorcycle. Just south of Newcomb is Sporty's Iron Duke Saloon in Minerva; open at noon 365 days a year! Friendly spot to have a beer and enjoy nostalgic motorcycle art, photos, etc.  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?