<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 31, 2009

You haven't heard from me in a while but.... 

So far, college is great, and I'm really happy to be here.

For one thing, the food is great, although I do miss cooking a bit. I've worked out the bang/buck ratios of most of the dining halls, and should any of you visit I could probably give you a decent tour. One thing I'm not the happiest about is the dorm that they assigned me to, but I'm a freshman and I can't have everything, after all. My dorm is on the North end of campus, where the Corps lives, (by and large) and it's close to all of my classes, but is far away from where I park my car, all the other dorms, and all of the (good) dining halls. On the plus side, my roommate is cool and agreeable and most of my neighbors are musicians of one sort or another; a guy across from me plays acoustic guitar, sings, and plays harmonica at the same time and the neighbor adjacent to me plays bass.

The town is really nice and the people are friendly. There's lots of little independent restaurants and stores that alumni have opened, and everyone seems to like current students. The girls are pretty and smart, and all of my classes are teaching interesting things. Having so much free time is wonderful, but I'm sure that's going to come to an end pretty soon when the year starts in earnest.

If any of you are interested in my opinions about the Corps, further readings must be taken to provide an accurate assesment. Although they DID inspire a song in me, to the tune of "Left! Left! Left, Right, Left!"

2 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Aug 31, 10:49:00 AM:

Poorly located dorm or not, we are all envious!  

By Blogger Consul-At-Arms, at Tue Sep 01, 01:38:00 AM:

Hey, the Upper Quad is closest to McDonalds.

And Hokie House.

Lower Quad might closer to TOTS though.

Yours Truly spent a couple of years in dorms named Brodie and Rasche.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?