<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 14, 2009

Pictures of Charleston 


After a morning of cycling, we spent the afternoon walking around old Charleston and the Citadel. I did not have my camera with me, but the Blackberry took some decent shots, actually.


charleston fire department


Me, with the big guns at the Battery...


charleston battery


Nude, god-like Confederates...


charleston confederates


A house on King Street, no wider than a Miata is long...


charleston narrow house


What's the deal with the pirate flag?


charlestone pirate house


In honor of and service to France, in a very unlikely place...


charleston societe francaise


The lords of discipline...


charleston citadel1


charleston citadel2


And, yes, I did indeed pop awake in the middle of the night. After so much flip-flopping blogging becomes the best option.


9 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Aug 14, 07:01:00 AM:

So there is actually more to life than the Northeast? Who would have thunk it? The South where kids still say yes sir and open doors for women. Home to the dreaded Religious Righters.  

By Blogger Crusader, at Fri Aug 14, 07:14:00 AM:

Don't forget to stop in to say high to the good Dr. Marshall Austin....cytopatholgist extraordinaire. - Crusader  

By Blogger Crusader, at Fri Aug 14, 07:15:00 AM:

Or just say Hi  

By Blogger The Conservative Wahoo, at Fri Aug 14, 10:11:00 AM:

One of America's finest cities. Some good eatin' there, too!  

By Anonymous Sluggo, at Fri Aug 14, 11:24:00 AM:

Wow, Charleston in August.

My wife is from the Low Country and we visited a few years ago in early October. I was poached by noon.

It is, withal, a lovely, lovely town.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Aug 14, 07:35:00 PM:

I love the Dalmation lying at the ready in the first photo.  

By Blogger Miss Ladybug, at Sat Aug 15, 03:12:00 AM:

I went to Charleston a number of times back with the job I had when I lived in AR. The Cadet Store & Gift Shop at the Citadel were one of several customers in that area. I've even got my navy blue t-shirt like the cadets wear for PT.

Charleston is a great city. I visited Patriot's Point, touring the Yorktown (which my grandfather flew off of in WWII) and the other vessels that have been added since I was first there as a child in the mid-70s, on our way to Germany. Also, took the ferry out to Fort Sumter. Visited Fort Moultrie one morning before flying back home. And, I love that sweet tea is the default way for it to be served when you go out to a restaurant!  

By Blogger Viking Kaj, at Sun Aug 16, 11:26:00 AM:

Have you been losing weight? Or does the blackberry cam have a slimming effect?  

By Blogger The Warpiper, at Tue Aug 18, 01:47:00 AM:

Ah! My beloved Alma Mater. I'll be visiting YOUR Alma Mater this fall when we come up there for part II of the home-and-home series.

BTW... that firehouse on Wentworth Street... the truck is modified by the manufacturer so that it will fit in that door. The Board of Architectural Review won't permit changing the door, so they had to make the truck fit.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?