<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 20, 2009

Consider donating blood 


Our company works with the local hospital to organize blood donation drives among our employees. I am proud to say that we started doing this back when we were a fraction of our current size, and now we host several campaigns a year. I give when I am in town, and did so this morning. If you are healthy and not excluded from donating for one or another reason you might consider calling your local blood bank and giving a pint. It is a pretty simple way to help somebody, especially if your blood type is relatively rare. You might even save a life.

If you live in the Princeton area, you can go to the University Medical Center at Princeton. Its donor operation has convenient hours including both before and after normal business hours. I'm sure that most of you live near a similar point of collection.


7 Comments:

By Blogger Georg Felis, at Fri Mar 20, 01:23:00 PM:

As someone with a spouse and two children whos lives were saved by blood transfusions, I would like to add my encouragement to your donation urge. The life you save may be one of my children. Or one of yours.

Georg. Type A. 20 Year Donor.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Mar 20, 02:14:00 PM:

Also, donating blood is a great way to lose weight. At least half a pound or so. Until you drink some water.  

By Blogger Viking Kaj, at Fri Mar 20, 04:12:00 PM:

For some reason they don't want mine. I think it has something to do with that little melanoma they removed a few years ago.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Mar 20, 11:58:00 PM:

During her chemotherapy treatments, a blood transfusion would help my wife feel normal again. Although she ultimately didn't survive the cancer, all of those blood donors gave here some really good days, instead of the bad ones she would have had otherwise.

I've been a regular blood donor since 1981 or so, and when you know the good it does for others, the needle doesn't hurt at all.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Mar 21, 11:00:00 AM:

I too am a regular donor of many years, just donated last Wednesday in fact. I'm A Neg, just a bit over 6% of the US population, so I get calls to come in every now and then (as I did this week). It's an easy thing to do, it can really help those in need, and you get free cookies and juice - what's not to like?  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Mar 21, 04:46:00 PM:

Cookies and Juice... MMMMMM  

By Blogger Georg Felis, at Sun Mar 22, 01:22:00 AM:

FYI: You don't need to bleed to help, the Red Cross is always looking for volunteers to help with the registration, canteen, putting up announcements, etc... Donate and volunteer for a double impact.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?