<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Perceptions of the economy on left and right: Who is more pessimistic? 


Ezra Klein digests an academic paper that shows that one's partisanship has a huge impact on one's perception of the economy. Today, the left is far more negative than the right, but the reverse was true in 1996 when the left had the White House and the right was in opposition. Assume the thesis is true (and I tend to think it is): How quickly will today's pessimists become optimists and vice versa?

By the way, I suspect that I will remain as a relative optimist. It is my personality. I am quite sure that I loved the bull market of the mid to late 1990s and all the fun that went with it, even if it inured to the benefit of Bill Clinton.


1 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jan 07, 11:39:00 PM:

Our portfolio loved that time period as well.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?