<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 29, 2008

Lest you were wondering... 


Today is my birthday, and I had a lot of obligations which kept me away from you. Then, after a wonderful dinner at the Witherspoon Grill, the TigerHawk Teenager and I played networked Red Alert 3 for a couple of hours. Suffice it to say that he kicked my sorry tail. For those of you who do not know, Red Alert 3 is the latest in the long line of Command and Conquer games, which force you to allocate resources between the construction of military power and investment in the development of new resources. It is a lot of fun against a computer, but much more fun against your own son.


7 Comments:

By Blogger zhsy00001, at Mon Dec 29, 11:18:00 PM:

Happy Birthday! Thankfully, I have a girl who is no good at computer games ... yet.  

By Blogger Anthony, at Mon Dec 29, 11:26:00 PM:

Happy birthday! Maybe you can beat him at Pong. :)  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Dec 29, 11:45:00 PM:

Happy B-day TH. Who do you play as?  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Mon Dec 29, 11:52:00 PM:

The Soviets. My son wipes the floor with me.  

By Blogger Dawnfire82, at Tue Dec 30, 12:44:00 AM:

Congrats on living another year. My own was a few weeks ago.

I heartily recommend Company of Heroes, a relatively realistic World War II - Western Front game of the same genre. (real time strategy)

It's *great* in multi-play, (air power, on and off-map artillery strikes, armored units, flamethrowers, Rangers, Commandoes, combat engineers with minefields and tanks with those hedgerow slicing dozer blades... it's got it all!) and it supports co-op. That is, you and your man-child can play together as a team against relatively sophisticated bots. The matches are relatively short, as well, with exceptionally long ones with 6 players clocking in at about 1 1/2 hours. And best of all, it doesn't focus on resource management and technology tree development, but on tactics.

As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of this. (and Dawn of War, another, similar game by the same company, THQ)  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Dec 30, 01:20:00 AM:

I concur on Company of Heroes. Awesome game.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Dec 30, 03:18:00 PM:

Happy Birthday:
Trivia:
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/dec29.html  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?