<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gift recommendation 

Regular readers know that the TH Daughter I spent much of Thursday and Friday driving to and fro New England. Not wanting to compromise on the difficult question of music, we agreed to listen to a couple of Bill Bryson's books on CD, Notes From A Small Island and I'm a Stranger Here Myself. Bryson reads his own work, which is both fascinating and hilarious. If you travel in the car with fairly literate kids, there is -- for my money -- no better way to bridge the generational gap.


1 Comments:

By Blogger Mrs. Davis, at Sun Dec 14, 05:45:00 AM:

That is a great idea that I am abashed to say has never occurred to me as I have never done the books on tape thing. As I am taking the big road trip to the west next year with a 13 year old son, I would appreciate any recommendations of titles you have found particularly provocative.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?