<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Iowa beats Penn State! 


It has been a tough year for my Hawkeyes, they having lost four games by a total of 12 points. This afternoon, not two minutes ago, 5-4 Iowa beat Penn State, heretofore ranked #3 in the country, 24-23 in Kinnick Stadium. The crowd poured on to the field, and it looks happier in Iowa City right now than at the Obama rally on Tuesday night. Unbelievable. My weekend can only go down from here.

MORE: Brilliant prognostication!


5 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Nov 08, 08:17:00 PM:

TH- I'm surprised you didn't mention the most important game this week--Brown v. Yale. Now if only the Elis show up for their annual trouncing in two weeks....  

By Blogger jj mollo, at Sat Nov 08, 09:57:00 PM:

As a Penn Stater, I see it a disaster of historical proportions.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Nov 09, 05:08:00 AM:

At USC we were still tailgating, and we were thrilled!  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Nov 09, 09:31:00 AM:

I actually called this one in my blog on Friday. Of course having to Iowa for my undergrad years, I was a bit biased. Iowa is now likely to come here to Arizona for the Insight Bowl!  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Nov 10, 11:35:00 AM:

So, in Iowa, do you pay the ref's in corn for those lousy first down calls? forward progress my heiney......
Yeah, PSU should have won it outright, but darn three of those 4 first downs were CLEARLY short.....  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?