<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 22, 2008

Asymmetrical ridicule: "Accusing" John McCain of wife-beating 


Tbogg, the big-time lefty blogger at Firedoglake, suggests -- in what passes over there for wit -- that Cindy McCain's various injuries result from beatings administered by husband John.

Not sure I see the comedy in that, but if you're a deep-thinking lefty I suppose there's a chuckle in there somewhere.

Now, I am not waxing sanctimonious about Tbogg's post. To me, wife-beating jokes, along with virtually all jokes, are entirely cricket in the no-helmet game of political blogging (even if I lack the style to come up with them myself). But I wonder how many of Tbogg's chortling readers would react to some similar or equivalent "satire" aimed at the Obamas. Not well, one imagines.


3 Comments:

By Blogger Dawnfire82, at Fri Aug 22, 07:50:00 PM:

Well of course not. Everyone knows that Michelle carries the stick in that relationship.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Aug 22, 09:17:00 PM:

sounds like projection  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Aug 22, 11:29:00 PM:

Pretty sure he didn't hit her with an overhand right (or left). Maybe he kicked her in the shins like Monty Python's Black Knight. What a tool.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?