<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Why I am looking forward to the Super Bowl 


It occurs to me that I am actually looking forward to the Super Bowl, and will be perfectly happy regardless of the outcome. Either the New England Patriots will complete a perfect season -- which would be cool -- or the New York Giants will stop them. Which would be very cool. There is an advantage in not feeling passionately about either team, and having friends and colleagues who are passionate about both.

For those of you who cannot stand football but follow the advertising closely, trundle over to SuperAdFreak where the hosts are live-chatting the ads starting at 6 p.m.

UPDATE: Wow. What a game.


5 Comments:

By Blogger Christopher Chambers, at Sun Feb 03, 08:35:00 PM:

Fox and the NFL--not a more unholy alliance since Godzilla teamed up with Rodan. That plus this damn hype over these damn commercials!

But I agree, there's an advantage to not being married to either team.  

By Blogger Christopher Chambers, at Sun Feb 03, 09:21:00 PM:

The Coke commercial with Bill Frist and Carville was "cute," but offended me on one level. Look, I expect Carville to whore himself, and as much as Frist has pissed me off in the past, I was a little disappointed in him. Something about it felt wrong/silly.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Feb 03, 10:10:00 PM:

This life long Giants fan cannot believe what just transpired. On any given Sunday . . . .

Way to go Gints!  

By Blogger mlah, at Mon Feb 04, 04:06:00 AM:

what a great ending!  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Feb 04, 10:44:00 AM:

I'm pleased to see the Dolphin's record preseerved.

Also, I really liked seeing the Terminator kick Cleatus' behind.


RPD  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?