<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Remembering my father 


My father died nine years ago today. It still seems like yesterday, and I remember him every day.

Regular readers know that either I or the Charlottesvillain write about him every July 7 and on All Saint's Day, his birthday. Today I am not going to write much that is new, other than to report that I spent the afternoon planting trees and other flora on some new property that we have acquired in Princeton. It has a stream running through it with no end of interesting creatures, and our father would have adored it. Charlottesvillain's wonderful eulogy, posted here a couple of years ago, explains why.

Below, a picture of a much younger me with my father, seven years before his death, and my son at less than six months old. Below that, a picture of my father in the summer of 1936, a few months older than my son was in the first picture, graciously supplied by our family archivist, GreenmanTim.


Me, my father and my son


My father, summer of 1936


We love you, Dad.


2 Comments:

By Blogger Fausta, at Sun Jul 08, 10:36:00 AM:

Lovely post.
And the family resemblance is definitely there!  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Jul 08, 02:43:00 PM:

nice, Tigerhawk. hope you enjoyed the annual cigar. my Dad was born in 1936 too.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?