<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 03, 2006

Updates: Lose weight with TigerHawk and other matters 


I have entered perhaps the most difficult phase of the lose weight with TigerHawk campaign: 12 days of travel, taking me to our place in the Adirondacks (where I eat lots of meat and donuts), followed by Ireland (Guinness), London (random hotel food), and Lyon (say no more). Exercise will be sparse, food will be fattening. I figure if I stay even I'm in good shape, which may be defeatist, but there you have it.

Last weigh in: 208.5, progress over the 211, but quite possibly rounding error, with an emphasis on rounding.



Yesterday afternoon and evening we drove up to our family place in the Adirondacks, bringing our horses for the first time. It is already winter up here, with temperatures in the low thirties during the day and much colder at night, but we have tricked up the horses with top of the line blankets and rigged our garage, which used to be a barn, to be, well, a barn. This morning we assembled a portable corral using a miraculous product, the "OK Corral," complete with electric fence. This afternoon, the various ladies of the household rode along the road and over hill and dale (I myself do not ride horses, other than when subjected to huge peer pressure). Well all, including the equines and the canines, had great fun.

This evening we are going to a production of the Adirondack Public Observatory at The Wild Center, Tupper Lake's newest and most exciting attraction. If you are ever in the area be sure to check it out.

Sunday, I fly to Europe for a week of business meetings, so I will be posting at strange times and probably quite out of sync with the rest of the blogosphere. I will try to examine European coverage of the American midterm elections, just to be different.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?