<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fine dining 


I had the great pleasure of dining last night at one of the very best restaurants in the world, Guy Savoy at Caesars Palace. Even better than that, neither I nor my company had to pay (as neither I nor my company would have done, since neither I nor my company would eat at such a place on our own nickel). It was really spectacular, and if you have a huge bucket of cash -- the prix fix menu is $290 before the wine -- enjoy top-notch French cuisine and find yourself in Las Vegas, by all means grab some chow at Guy Savoy.

The menu, however, is hilarious. Dinner is seven courses, each with a name more ornate than the previous. "Artichoke and Black Truffle Soup, Toasted Mushroom Brioche with Black Truffle Butter" follows "Mosaic of Milk Fed Poularde, Foie Gras and Artichoke, Black Truffle Jus" and is succeeded by other delights, including "Mignardises". Course number six, however, is merely "The Pear."

Well, it is early in the morning in Las Vegas, and I've got to run downstairs to get The Coffee and The Scone. Unless, of course, there is The Donut, to which I am a slave. Or maybe The Slave.


1 Comments:

By Blogger Purple Avenger, at Wed Oct 18, 06:15:00 PM:

I always went for the all you could eat buffet at Circus Circus ;->  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?