<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 06, 2006

Maybe the Muslim fundamentalists have a point 


Reuters caption:
William 'The Fridge' Perry (C) makes a play with the New York Euphoria team and breaks through the Los Angeles Temptation defense line during the third annual Lingerie Bowl football game in Los Angeles February 5, 2006. The 30-minute game features models playing full-contact football in lingerie and airs locally on pay-per-view during halftime of the NFL's Super Bowl XL football game.

We brought back the Fridge to run through models wearing lingerie?

Now, regular readers know that I revel in most, if not all, things American, and that I will brook no attack on the United States without standing up in at least verbal defense (being a chickenhawk, it is the least I can do).

But. If somebody wanted to burn down our embassy on account of the Lingerie Bowl, I'd be hard-pressed to argue. And I write this as somebody who likes football, lingerie, lingerie on models, and even spectacle sports like Monster Truck rallies. But judging from the Yahoo slideshow, this was just about as bad as it gets. I'm only thankful that I missed it in previous years.

9 Comments:

By Blogger Solomon, at Mon Feb 06, 10:55:00 AM:

Missed it? Bad as it gets? What, you preferred the Rolling Stones? Who took those scarecrows off their posts? I wish I'd known there was another choice out there.

Good to see the Fridge is still doing OK. Last time I saw him he was going up against Manute Bol in a celebrity boxing match.  

By Blogger Charlottesvillain, at Mon Feb 06, 12:25:00 PM:

Oh, that match was one for the ages. Shameless exploitation boiled down to its purest!  

By Blogger Cassandra, at Mon Feb 06, 01:09:00 PM:

Gee... and here I thought women weren't ever funny..  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Mon Feb 06, 04:54:00 PM:

Cass, I must say that you are to be commended for your restraint here. There was a real opportunity to restart the Cycle of Violence, and you passed it up, which is a credit to your character. :)  

By Blogger Cassandra, at Mon Feb 06, 05:00:00 PM:

I am *so* all about character, dude.

Me... in a nutshell.  

By Blogger Charlottesvillain, at Mon Feb 06, 05:19:00 PM:

There is a picture of Amy Fisher in the slideshow! There is something so twisted about American celebrity.  

By Blogger Chris, at Tue Feb 07, 12:00:00 PM:

I sincerely hope you are engaging in hyperbole here. You are hard-pressed to argue that destruction of property marginally related to the "offending" party is OK for a barely soft-core exploitationist extravaganza available only on pay-per-view?

Lighten up, Francis.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Tue Feb 07, 12:49:00 PM:

If this post wasn't light, I don't know what would be. Light as a feather here. - Francis  

By Blogger Chris, at Wed Feb 08, 03:37:00 PM:

Okay, hotshot, we'll see what kind of soldier you are.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?