<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Station Break 

Tired of politics, supreme court hearings, current affairs, diplomacy, war?

Let's talk NFL playoffs.

My crystal ball likes the Colts, Broncos, Seahawks and Panthers. Since these are mostly top seeds, I ain't exactly going out on a limb here. And I am certain my midwestern colleagues will think the Panthers upset call is horrible, banking on da Bears. Smart money may like the Pats on the road against a suspect Broncos defense. That seems a good upset call. But I don't think these Pats are the same, and Denver is a very tough place to go win a playoff game on the road. I like Brady over Plummer, but I'll take Denver's running backs and offensive line at home against the Pats D.

Who do you like?

8 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Jan 12, 06:41:00 PM:

I'm personally doing the Super Bowl Shuffle  

By Blogger Charlottesvillain, at Thu Jan 12, 08:37:00 PM:

Countertrey isn't going to like this one bit.  

By Blogger Jimmy K., at Thu Jan 12, 10:26:00 PM:

Ya got all 4 wrong.
Jimmy K.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jan 13, 03:17:00 AM:

Seahawks over the Broncos, 24-21 in the Super Bowl. Chalk it up!  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jan 13, 07:46:00 AM:

Pats (barely) - Colts (not even close)
Panthers (barely) - Seahawks (not even close)

Colts edge past the Pats in the real Super Bowl, and then thump the Panthers in the one we all watch.

Sorry, but after watching the Seahawks struggle against my highly schizophrenic Cowboys at Qwest, I'm not impressed with the best the NFC has to offer - although the Panthers' thrashing of NY was semi-impressive.

I also can't bring myself to say the Pats are going down to Denver. They're a proven winning team, not likely to fold. Can't underestimate the staying power of a dynasty. Hell, the Cowboys won a Super Bowl with BARRY SWITZER purely on dynastic staying power! This doesn't mean the Pats can take out an opponent as good as Indy, though, and I don't think they will.

How I long for the days of NFC dominance...  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jan 13, 10:54:00 AM:

Pats win everything.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jan 13, 08:54:00 PM:

Man, these are some tough calls. The teams that peaked at the end are Washington and the Pats. Seahawks should win but can they win the big ones? If Indy doesn't run up a big lead, Pitt could come back like they did last week. I'm pretty sure that the Bears will lose, except the playoff winners have almost always had the best defenses. I do like the Pats as the final winner. What's Brady 9 and 0? So lets make it Pats, Pitt, Sea & Bears  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Jan 15, 03:30:00 AM:

I feel compelled to point out that my prediction of a Broncos-Seahawks superbowl is now just 1 win each away from being a reality.

Go Seahawks.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?