<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 08, 2005

Back 

I'm back from self-imposed exile, a real two week vacation without cell phone, email, or internet. I had ten beautiful days in the Adirondacks with the family, and then three days in NYC mostly celebrating my 40th birthday in colorful ways. (Thanks to those who left me birthday wishes in TH's post below). Mercifully, the job never came looking for me, and lord knows I let sleeping dogs lie.

I won't get into the details of my vacation other than to say the weather was great, I saw lots of wonderful people I don't see very often, and I taught my 5 year old son ("Thing One") how to row a boat and cast a fishing rod. I landed some good size small-mouth bass, read a Carl Hiaasen novel, and successfully resisted all urges to relive youthful glories behind a ski boat.

The only stain on the time away was returning to civilization to find that the Cubs season is essentially over. But at least I did not have to live through the painful details of each game as I normally would have. This is about the time of year I am accustomed to throwing in the towel, so it seems like old times. I had hoped for better.

2 Comments:

By Blogger Cardinalpark, at Mon Aug 08, 03:16:00 PM:

Welcome back and happy bday. For what it's worth, I am a very disappointed Oriole fan. 4 weeks ago, I had hope. Now my season is over too.  

By Blogger Charlottesvillain, at Mon Aug 08, 04:28:00 PM:

Say it ain't Sosa, CP!  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?